Friday, April 18, 2014

First Ever Felting Workshop... A Success!

Wool felting comes in lots of colors!
 While I've done needle felting myself, I had never taught a class on it until today...

The calm before the class arrived.
It was a small workshop of only 9 students ranging in age from 8 to 18 years old. Most were closer to twelve though. I started out with a brief intro about the materials leading into a very stern safety talk about the sharpness of the needles and the importance of staying focused while felting to prevent serious injury. I did also say that as beginners they probably would either stick themselves with the needle or break the needle and that both were okay (we had a supply of band-aids and extra needles just in case).

Some in progress images...
My 18-year old student shaping the end of her bunny's "body".
Attaching a head takes some patience.
Shaping some hind legs.

Some "finished" bunnies and one guinea pig...

Yup... that's a band-aid from a needle felting injury.
This young crafter had a fear of bunnies so she made hers a guinea pig instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment