Tuesday, May 27, 2014

North Shore Art Teachers Association Needle Felting Workshop

As an art teacher, it is such a compliment to be invited to present a workshop to other art teachers. That is the compliment I was given a few weeks ago when I presented a needle felting workshop at the North Shore Art Teachers Association.

I realized a few things during this workshop. One is that I make strange shapes with my mouth when I talk (or maybe its just that the camera always caught me forming a vowel sound). Another is that art teachers are amazing art students. Even though they came to the meeting tired after a long day of teaching, they all left feeling relaxed and happy and with tools, knowledge and materials to make more felt creations on their own.

Here are some images from the workshop. And at the very end of this post, you can find the pdf of the handout all the teachers received. This handout is packed full with historical context, online resources, shopping guides, tips and tricks, and step-by-step photos of projects. Happy felting!

Here you can see the selection of sample needle felted animals I brought along.   



There's one of those weird mouth shapes I mentioned. And a good image of my favorite beginner book Wool Pets.  












 



These are some of the teachers in the process of felting...





And some happy faces and projects by the end of the workshop...






And, as promised, you can download your own pdf of the informational handout here:

No comments:

Post a Comment