Monday, September 8, 2014

August Art Journal Exchange: A Sensory Journey

The theme for the August journal was the senses and how our senses invoke memories. It took me a while to settle on an idea and the first one I had didn't work out at all. I was going to use actual carpet remnants to make tactile pages, but the remnants were too bulky for the sketchbook.

Then a trip to a peach orchard gave me some much needed inspiration.

I created two entries -- both were two-page spreads. The first entry incorporates text and am image of peaches hanging. The next entry depicts what I made with those peaches!

And there is a little back pocket at the end of the book... I left a sachet of spices in it for the journey onward!

"Peaches" Acrtlic on Paper, Copyright Margaurita Spear, August 2014, Private Collection of Rebecca Wren Owens.

"Peaches" (detail of original text), Image and Text Copyright Margaurita Spear, August 2014

"Peach Muffin" Acrtlic on Paper, Copyright Margaurita Spear, August 2014, Private Collection of Rebecca Wren Owens.   
The art teacher journal exchange has been a lot of fun; and the journals with themes have been just challenging enough to keep things interesting. There has been some lag in receiving journals (its been taking two months between them instead of one), so I'm hoping the momentum picks up soon. I can't wait to see what the next one I receive is all about and what other art teachers have been creating!


No comments:

Post a Comment